8/27/2019 Board of Trustees Meeting
CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF GARFIELD
Synopsis of Minutes of August 27, 2019
Township Board Meeting
A Township Board Meeting of the Charter Township of Garfield was held on Tuesday, August 27, 2019, beginning at 6:00 p.m., at the Garfield Township Hall, 3848 Veterans Drive, Traverse City, Michigan. The meeting was called to order at 6:00 p.m. and the Board transacted the following business:
- Public Comment – None.
- Added to Unfinished Business, Item 7d. e-Bikes for Police Dept., and approved the Agenda as amended.
- Removed Item 3a. August 13, 2019 Minutes from the Consent. Approved the Consent Calendar as amended.
- Approved August 13, 2019 minutes as amended.
- Received the GT Metro Fire Report for Chief Pat Parker.
- Received the North Flight Report from Tim Newton.
- Received the Supervisor’s Report from Chuck Korn.
- Held a Public Hearing and approved Resolution 2019-19-T, a resolution setting the property tax millage to levy for the Township’s 2020 Fire Fund at 2.45 mills.
- Approved Resolution 2019-17-T, a Resolution adopting Ordinance No. 68: Amendment No. 20, Section 749 Golf Courses and Country Clubs.
- Adopted the Township Board Strategic Plan as presented in PD Report No. 2019-111.
- Discussed PD Report 2019-004 – Request for Use of Rugby Field at Silver Lake Recreation Area.
- Public Comment – None
- Other Business – The Board scheduled a budget meeting for September 20, 1919, at 4:30 pm.
The Meeting was adjourned at 8:06 p.m.
Lanie McManus, Clerk