7/9/2019 Board of Trustees Meeting
CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF GARFIELD
Synopsis of Minutes of July 9, 2019
Township Board Meeting
A Township Board Meeting of the Charter Township of Garfield was held on Tuesday, July 9, 2019, beginning at 6:00 p.m., at the Garfield Township Hall, 3848 Veterans Drive, Traverse City, Michigan.
The meeting was called to order at 6:00 p.m. and the Board transacted the following business:
- Public Comment – None.
- Approved the Agenda as presented.
- Approved the Minutes from June 25, 2019 Township Board meeting.
- Approved the Consent Calendar as amended after removing item 3.b., Bills – General Fund.
- Approved item 3.b. as presented after clarification.
- Received the Sheriff’s Department Report from Acting Lt. Chris Oosse.
- Received the YMCA Report from Andy Page, CEO of Grand Traverse Bay YMCA.
- Received the County Commissioner’s Report from Brad Jewett.
- Received the Treasurer’s Report from Jeane Blood Law.
- Received the written Clerk’s Report from Lanie McManus.
- Received the Supervisor’s Report from Chuck Korn.
- Presented PD Report No. 2019-84, Strategic Planning – Step 2b. Board developed a list of Township Opportunities and Threats and strategies for maximizing opportunities and minimizing weaknesses.
- Introduced PD Report 2019-85 French Manor/Terra Energy PUD Major Amendment and scheduled public hearing on July 23, 2019, pending approval of Findings of Fact by the Planning Commission.
- Introduced PD Report 2019-86, Draft Meeting Room Rental Policy for Discussion.
- Public Comment – Tom Cash spoke in favor of American Waste and their services.
The Meeting was adjourned at 8:14 p.m.
Lanie McManus, Clerk