9/10/2019 Board of Trustees Meeting
CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF GARFIELD
Synopsis of Minutes of September 10, 2019
Township Board Meeting
A Township Board Meeting of the Charter Township of Garfield was held on Tuesday, September 10, 2019, beginning at 6:00 p.m., at the Garfield Township Hall, 3848 Veterans Drive, Traverse City, Michigan. The meeting was called to order at 6:00 p.m. and the Board transacted the following business:
- Public Comment – None.
- Approved the Agenda as presented.
- Approved Minutes from August 27, 2019 Township Board meeting.
- Approved the Consent Calendar as amended after removing Item 3.b. Bills.
- Approved 3.b. Bills as presented after clarification.
- Received the Sheriff’s report from Lt. Chris Oosse.
- Received the County Commissioner’s Report from Brad Jewett.
- Received the written Clerk’s report.
- Received the Supervisor’s report form Chuck Korn.
- Introduced and scheduled a public hearing for October 8, 2019 on Chelsea Park PUD request.
- Approved Resolution 2019-20-T, a resolution to amend the budget.
- Deferred decision on acting as fiduciary for Silver Lake Public Access No Wake Zone equipment until Doug Brown is ready to come back to the Board.
- Discussed resident request to alter the Township’s noise ordinance - Township decided not to modify the current ordinance.
- Other Business –
- Discussed resident’s concern on the direction of water flow near McRae Hill Road.
- The Board scheduled a budget meeting for October 8, 2019, at 4:30 pm.
The Meeting was adjourned at 7:08 pm
Lanie McManus, Clerk