8/13/2019 Board of Trustees Meeting
CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF GARFIELD
Synopsis of Minutes of August 13, 2019
Township Board Meeting
A Township Board Meeting of the Charter Township of Garfield was held on Tuesday, August 13, 2019, beginning at 6:00 p.m., at the Garfield Township Hall, 3848 Veterans Drive, Traverse City, Michigan. The meeting was called to order at 6:00 p.m. and the Board transacted the following business:
- Public Comment – None.
- Added Parks and Recreation Report under Item 6. Reports, added Item 8.c. Development Review Procedures under New Business, and approved the Agenda as amended.
- Approved the Minutes from July 23, 2019 Township Board meeting.
- Moved Item 3.c. Schedule Public Hearing on GT Metro Budget from the Consent Calendar to under Item 6.c. GT Metro Fire Report. Removed Item 3.b.(i) Bills – General Fund from the Consent Calendar. Approved the Consent Calendar as amended.
- After clarifying “BOR” stands for Board of Review, approved the General Fund bills.
- Grant application for the Community Police Officers’ e-bikes was approved.
- Received the Parks and Recreation Report from Denise Schmuckal.
- Received the Sheriff’s Report from Acting Lt. Chris Oosse
- Received the GT Metro Fire Report from Chief Pat Parker
- Approved the scheduling of a Public Hearing on August 27, 2019 to discuss the Township’s Fire Fund.
- Received the County Commissioner’s Report from Brad Jewett.
- Received the Construction Report from Jennifer Hodges, GFA.
- Received the Clerk’s Report form Lanie McManus.
- Received the Supervisor’s Report from Chuck Korn.
- Held a Public Hearing on PD Report No. 2019-107, Ashland Park PUD Phases 2 and 3 Major Amendment. Adopted the Findings of Fact and approved application PUD-2001-01-F subject to the conditions indicated in the PD Report with the additional condition the Township receive a contractual letter agreement between Ashland and Traditions based on the July 26, 2019, GT Metro letter.
- Held a Public Hearing on PD Report No. 2019-106:
- Approved Resolution 2019-16-T, a resolution adopting Ordinance No. 68: Amendment No. 19, Section 712 Automobile Laundries;
- Denied Resolution 2019-17-T, a resolution adopting Ordinance No. 68: Amendment No. 20, Section 749 Golf Courses and Country Clubs; and
- Approved Resolution 2019-18-T, a resolution adopting Ordinance No. 68: Amendment No. 21, Section 315R-3, with the addition of adjusting Section 312 Dimensional Regulations, Table 3.3.
- Presented PD Report No. 2019-108, Township Board Strategic Plan and discussed the draft plan and mission statements.
- Discussed the Bids for Median Restoration on South Airport Rd. at Logan’s Landing and awarded the total bid to Traverse Outdoor.
- Steve Largent, GT Drain Commissioner, Ron Clous, GT County Commissioner, and Jennifer Hodges, GFA, provided information on the Cass Drain Project and answered questions.
- Steve Duell described proposed changes in the Planning Commission Development Review Procedures that will expedite the application approval process.
- Public Comment – Alisa Korn spoke on the Cass Road Drain Project and noted the National Drug Overdose Memorial scheduled for August 29, 7:00-8:00pm, at the Botanical Gardens in Traverse City.
The Meeting was adjourned at 9:17 p.m.
Lanie McManus, Clerk