7/23/2019 Board of Trustees Meeting
CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF GARFIELD
Synopsis of Minutes of July 23, 2019
Township Board Meeting
A Township Board Meeting of the Charter Township of Garfield was held on Tuesday, July 23, 2019, beginning at 6:00 p.m., at the Garfield Township Hall, 3848 Veterans Drive, Traverse City, Michigan.
The meeting was called to order at 6:00 p.m. and the Board transacted the following business:
- Public Comment – Nate Alger, Grand Traverse County Administrator, is in the process of identifying the complete count committee for the upcoming census.
- Approved the Agenda as presented.
- Approved the Minutes from July 9, 2019 Township Board meeting.
- Approved the Consent Calendar as presented.
- Received the GT Metro Fire Report from Steve Apostal.
- Received the North Flight EMS Report from Tim Newton.
- Received the County Commissioner’s Report from Brad Jewett.
- Received the Treasurer’s Report from Jeane Blood Law.
- Received the Supervisor’s Report form Chuck Korn.
- Held a Public Hearing on PD Report No. 2019-88, Green US-31 C-G Rezoning. Denied the rezoning request based on the adopted Findings of Fact and reasons set forth in the PD Report.
- Held a Public Hearing on PD Report No. 2019-90, French Manor/Terra Energy PUD Major Amendment. Adopted the Findings of Fact and approved the application to amend the Terra Energy PUD subject to the conditions indicated in PD Report.
- Reviewed PD Report No. 2019-94, Lease Agreement for South YMCA. Board authorized Supervisor Korn to sign the 5-year Lease Agreement with the recommended changes.
- Presented PD Report No. 2019-91, Strategic Planning – Step 3. Board discussed draft of vision and mission statements and goals.
- Introduced PD Report 2019-89, Ashland Park PUD Phases 2 & 3 Major Amendment and scheduled a public hearing on August 13, 2019.
- Introduced PD Report 2019-87, Zoning Ordinance Text Amendments and scheduled a public hearing on August 13, 2019.
- Approved Resolution 2019-15-T, a Resolution to Amend the Budget.
- Public Comment – None
- Discussed the Cass Road Drain project. Board recommended inviting Steve Largent, Grand Traverse Drain Commissioner, to the next Board meeting.
The Meeting was adjourned at 8:00 p.m.
Lanie McManus, Clerk