6/11/2019 Board of Trustees Meeting
CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF GARFIELD
Synopsis of Minutes of June 11, 2019
Township Board Meeting
A Township Board Meeting of the Charter Township of Garfield was held on Tuesday, June 11, 2019, beginning at 6:00 p.m., at the Garfield Township Hall, 3848 Veterans Drive, Traverse City, Michigan.
The meeting was called to order at 6:00 p.m. and the Board transacted the following business:
- Public Comment – None
- Approved the Agenda as presented.
- Approved the Consent Calendar as presented.
- Received the Sheriff’s report from Lt. Chris Barsheff.
- Received the County Commissioner’s Report from Brad Jewett.
- Received the Personnel Committee’s Report from Denise Schmuckal.
- Received the Clerk’s Report from Lanie McManus.
- Received the Township Supervisor’s report from Chuck Korn.
- Adopted the Articles of Incorporation of the Grand Traverse Metro Emergency Services Authority.
- Amended Resolution 2019-06-T to add language.
- Reappoint Molly Agostinelli to the City of Traverse City and Charter Township of Garfield Recreational Authority for a three year term expiring on June 30, 2022.
- Board discussed and directed the Township Planning Director to facilitate a strategic planning process starting with the regularly scheduled Township Board meeting on June 25, 2019.
- Approved having the Township Supervisor send a letter of concurrence regarding special traffic orders to Grand Traverse County Road Commission.
- Public Comment – Trevor Tkach and Joel Gaff Jr. commented on the Ironman race. Tom Cash commented on the traffic light at Keystone and Birmley.
- Other Business – Board members discussed vehicles parked in the Walmart lot. US 31 was resurfaced in record time and was organized very well.
The Meeting was adjourned at 7:37 p.m.
Lanie McManus, Clerk