5/28/2019 Board of Trustees Meeting
CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF GARFIELD
Synopsis of Minutes of May 28, 2019
Township Board Meeting
A Township Board Meeting of the Charter Township of Garfield was held on Tuesday, May 28, 2019, beginning at 6:00 p.m., at the Garfield Township Hall, 3848 Veterans Drive, Traverse City, Michigan.
The meeting was called to order at 6:00 p.m. and the Board transacted the following business:
- Public Comment – None.
- Approved the amended agenda.
- Removed items a. Minutes, c. MTT update and d. Harris Hills and approved the Consent Calendar as amended.
- Approved the minutes of May 14, 2019 as amended.
- Approved MTT update.
- Approved scheduling of Harris Hills Public Hearing.
- Received Construction report from Jennifer Hodges of Gourdie-Fraser
- Received Northflight report from Tim Newton.
- Received Parks and Recreation report from Denise Schmuckal.
- Received County Commissioner’s report from Brad Jewett.
- Received Supervisor’s report from Chuck Korn regarding Metro Board meeting, Park Plan Grant for Police Bikes, Board of Public Works and Water Rate Survey.
- Approved to bid out the project for more parking at Silver Lake Park and Metro Fire Station No. 12.
- Approved letter of support for Garfield Township to act as the applicant and fiduciary for the Recreational Authority application to the Grand Traverse Band of Ottawa and Chippewa Indians.
- Public Comment – None
The Meeting was adjourned at 7:19 p.m.
Lanie McManus, Clerk